CarePartners at Home
CarePartners at Home is a partnership of the Adult Center for Enrichment and Shepherd’s Center of Greensboro and is designed to give people who are caring for a loved one in their home support, education and respite. Trained volunteers stay with family members a few hours each week, assist with tasks to reduce the caregivers workload, provide support to the caregiver and friendship to the person being cared for.
- An experienced staff person pairs caregivers with a trained volunteer who has been screened completely with a thorough background check.
- The volunteer provides friendship to loved ones while giving caregivers an opportunity to do things they may not be able to do while caring for their loved one.
- CarePartners at Home staff and volunteers provide support and a sympathetic ear.
- Connections are created to the greater community.
- Volunteers are friends, both to the caregiver and their loved one.